Cucumber Water is obtained by mixing plain water with Cucumber (step by step method for preparing cucumber water is explained below). It’s a refreshing drink, with low calorie value but lots of health benefits. Cucumber has lots of nutrients and antioxidants, it’s also anti-viral in nature and cleanse your body. Therefore, Cucumber water can also be used as a detox (detoxification) diet.
Cucumber water detox has several health benefits including body cleanse, protection from UV rays in sunny days, weight loss (because it’s super low calorie drink), re-hydration (because it contains lots of minerals such as Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorus etc). Additionally, it also helps you in increasing overall water intake (refreshing and cool, vow! it’s an awesome drink for summer)
Cucumbers are a member of the gourd family originating in India. Depending on which part of the world you live in, you may find several varieties of this slightly sweet, crispy summer vegetable; pickling cucumbers, English cucumber, and Persian cucumbers may be the most common in the western countries. Whichever cucumbers you choose to use in the kitchen, you’ll find them most enjoyable in the warmest months of the year. Cucumbers are naturally cooling for internal temperature, and they are a strong diuretic, so they relieve bloating, cramping, and excess fevers. They are a fabulous cure for all conditions groggy, hot, or mucky!
Benefits of Cucumber Water
Although, this article is focused on cucumber water, but you shouldn’t ignore the raw cucumber. It has lots of healthy dietary fiber, nutrients and antioxidants that would help you in staying healthy.
8 Health Benefits of Drinking Cucumber Water
- It helps you in re-hydrating the body
- It’s a low calorie drink, so it’s a nice drink for weight loss
- If you eat few cucumber slices, along with the cucumber water (regularly), you can easily cure various diseases related to digestive system such as constipation (even the chronic ones), GERD, Acidity and so on.
- Cucumber Water also contains a number of minerals (Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc etc) and vitamins
- It’s anti-viral in nature, it can help your body in fighting from viruses/bacteria’s and flushes out toxins from the body. So cucumber water is a natural detox drink
- Cucumber water is also good for diabetes
- it’s diuretic, helps to keep the kidney clean and healthy
- nice drink for summer, also protects from UV burns (apply cucumber slices on skin)
How to prepare Cucumber Water ?
Cucumber water can be prepared in various ways such as blending method, soaking method etc but here I want to explain the most simple way – the soaking method.
Preparation Method For Cucumber Water:
Step 1. Cut the cucumber into very thin slices
Step 2. Put the cucumber slices into a pitcher full of water
Step 3. Close the pitcher and shake it well.
Step 4. Now, put it in fridge for an hour or two or whole night. (the more it soaks the harder it tastes)
Various flavors (Mint, Lemon) of Cucumber Water Detox
If you don’t like the plain flavor of cucumber water detox, you can make it more refreshing and cool by adding some more stuffs such as Mint leaves, Lemon, Ginger etc.
In the step 2 (above), if you also add some chopped mint leaves and you get cucumber water mint (I love mint flavor – it’s my favorite one!), similarly if you want, you can try Lemon (cut thin slices of lemon and mix it along with the cucumber slices, as in step 2) for lemon and cucumber water detox or both to get a unique taste of cucumber water mint lemon. Lemon is also high in vitamin C and antioxidants which makes it good as a detox drink.
After soaking it for whole night, next day, you can enjoy the cool refreshing drink 🙂 If you’re using the cucumber water as a detox diet then you will be drinking lots of cucumber water – throughout the day (think of it as a cucumber water fast; however, you shouldn’t continue it for more than one/two days without any medical supervision)
Cucumber Limeade Recipe
Regular lemonade will never be the same. Pureed cucumber makes it an unbeatable summer refresher.
1 cucumber, peeled, chopped
4 lemons, juiced
2 cups water
1/3 cup light honey
Ice, for serving
- Puree cucumber in a food processor until finely blended. Strain mixture into a serving pitcher, squeezing to release all liquid from cucumber pieces.
- Add lemon juice, water, and honey to cucumber mixture; whisk well until mixed. Add ice to preference, allow to sit 10 minutes to chill, and pour.